Thursday, July 8, 2010

ah, the heat of summer

Yesterday was miserable hot. I had planned on going to the lake for a short run, but when I actually had time for it (around four in the afternoon) it was over 100 degrees! I don't know about the rest of the world, but there is no way that I exercise in that kind of heat. Especially not when there are indoor gyms with happy, relatively uncrowded ellipticals. I admit, it doesn't really help with my first fitness goal (5K anyone?), but it's still cardio and that's what matters right?

To go along with the crazy temperatures, I decided that there was no way I was eating anything even remotely warm for dinner. So I made a leftover(ish) salad!




It had romaine, chickpeas, macadamia nuts, bbq chicken, green apple, strawberries, and goat cheese.

I am super obsessed with goat cheese right now. I love the rich, creamy, tanginess of it. The way it crumbles and melts... yummy! I can't get enough of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment