Friday, July 9, 2010

cheerios, salads, and cookies oh my!

Yay it's friday! I'm so excited about the weekend, it'll be great to finally chill out. Especially since yesterday was pretty busy. I've just started motorcycle safety classes(!) and I know that they're very risky, but that's why I'm trying to reduce my chances of getting hurt. After all, the more you learn the better you get.

So the wonderful, stressful day started with the ever tasty fruity cheerios.


These are actually really yummy. They kind of remind me of Trix or vaguely some cereal from my childhood, but they have a lot less sugar and they're much better for you.

Then for dinner I had more salad. I think it might be the heat, but I'm really feeling salads right now. They're light and crunchy and manage to keep me cool!


It was pretty close to what I ate yesterday. Romaine, chickpeas, strawberries, pecans, and goat cheese.

Then I topped it with a couple of these:


Chicken teriyaki meatballs! I go them frozen from Costco, you can find some good stuff there if you just look hard enough.

And of course, I used my very favorite dressing, Annie's Naturals Lite Raspberry Vinaigrette.

I couldn't help myself from grabbing a newly thawed banana-apple bran muffin from a batch I made a week or two ago.


A few hours later I was hungry again, so I decided I needed some dessert. I got this cookie as a treat from my daddy. It's from Zoe's Kitchen, a restaurant chain that really focuses on fresh, healthy ingredients.


On to weekend fun! I can't wait to relax and see some friends that I've been ignoring (not on purpose I swear!)

No comments:

Post a Comment