Saturday, July 24, 2010

cake pops!

I love sisters! Especially Especially when they inspire you to make things like this:


Yay cake pops! And they were super simple to make. It was awesome.

Red Velvet Cake Pops
1 red velvet cake- entirely cooled
1 8oz container of cream cheese (I used light)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
8 oz white chocolate
24 round popsicle sticks (or kabob skewers)

Beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar together until smooth
Break up the cake and add to the cream cheese mixture, blend until even and slightly sticky
Form 24 balls and set out on a wax paper covered cookie sheet
Push in one stick per cake ball, making sure it goes about 3/4 of the way through the ball
Microwave the white chocolate in 30 second intervals until melted
Dip cake in the melted white chocolate (I was having trouble melting mine, so I poured it over and then smoothed out the sides)
Place the covered balls back on the wax paper and refrigerate until the white chocolate sets
Eat in massive quantities


These were actually made with the recipe from the allergy-free Dessert cook book. It was pretty good, but personally I think the texture was a bit off. Despite that I'm still happy over all, the recipe just needs to be tweaked a little.


While I was waiting for the cake pops to set and before I could go get my sister I made myself a smoothie


It had strawberries, a scoop of protein powder, a couple ice cubes, a cup of unsweetened almond milk, and a touch of honey.

And I had a very minimal salad.


It was pretty sad. It only had romaine, green apple, and Annie's lite raspberry vinaigrette. Boo.

But I still can't get over the awesomeness of those cake pops! They were so yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment