Saturday, July 10, 2010

the definition of a grumbly day

So I was at my class in heavy jeans, a long sleeve shirt, over the ankle boots, full finger gloves, and a full face helmet in mid July in the south. Let me tell you: it. is. hot. Really hot. Like get heat stroke, have to go to the ed, and consequently fail my class. I find it nicely ironic that I go to a motorcycle safety class only to wind up in the hospital. And I'll say it again: fail. my. class. That really bothers me. I like to do more than just pass, I like to do well, but I don't fail things. Ever. So this means that I'll be taking it again in a week or two. I am (happily) feeling much better, but I'm still really frustrated. And then on top of that, I left my purse somewhere in the middle of no where and had to drive back and get it. Ugh, what a day!

Time to distract myself. And what's good at distracting me?

Food.

Yesterday around lunchtime (healthy) me was munching on some yummy apple cinnamon oatmeal.


And a big bowl of greek yogurt with about a teaspoon of maple syrup mixed in. It looked like marshmallow fluff and tasted like yum!


Then for dinner I made myself a salad (I think I'm starting to get predictable).


With that I whipped up some spaghetti alla carbonara.


It sounds really fancy, but the "sauce" was just bacon, whipped eggs, and parmesan cheese.

I do love food and it does help distract me from my grumbly day. Kind of. But I'll take anything I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment