Thursday, July 22, 2010

fall cakes in summer heat

My sister is coming in tomorrow! I'm so excited! And after various trips to three different grocery stores I finally found all the non wheat flours that I needed. I suppose that's what I get for being lazy. I went to closest stores first, not the one that I knew would most likely have it. Oh well. There went my afternoon, driving around in circles, in 100 degree heat... yeah.

Speaking of food...


I had this mostly good protein smoothie yesterday afternoon to combat the temperature outside. I think the recipe needs a bit a tweaking. I used 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder, 1 cup of spinach, 3/4 cup of strawberries, and 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk. Good, but not great.

For dinner I made up a fabulous Hawaiian salad.


It had yummy romaine, pineapple, ham, goat cheese, and a few white beans for extra protein.

I was feeling like something else as well, so what do I do? I make up this:


The easiest cake ever! Really, it's so so simple. Two ingredients and that's all.


Pumpkin Spice Cake Mix Cake
1 box spice cake mix (I used Duncan Hines)
1 15 oz can of pumpkin

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9"x13" pan with non stick cooking spray
Mix ingredients until smooth (2-4 minutes)
Bake for 25-30 minutes


I ate this plain in an attempt to save calories, but it would be really good with a cream cheese frosting, or a chocolate glaze, or pretty much anything else sweet and yummy.


I ate a piece before it had a chance to cool, so it was a bit crumbly. The picture isn't the best, but was still delicious!

I need to stop typing now because my finger is swollen. I don't know how it happened, but it hurts (sad face).

No comments:

Post a Comment