Friday, July 16, 2010

homemade^3

I made tomato sauce from scratch yesterday! And by "from scratch" I mean I took the tomatoes off the plant and went from there.

A few of the tomatoes before they were cut up.


First I eighthed and seeded the tomatoes. This is just one of the two bowls!


Then I sauteed some onions and garlic


And cooked the tomatoes to death with some salt and pepper


I had to puree it because I cut the pieces a little to big to be easily edible.


Then I added some carrots, celery, red wine, chicken stock, ground chicken, and tons of herbs. I was a bit distracted at this point and wasn't taking pictures like I should have. But I got this shot after we decided we couldn't eat any more.


We ate it over white wheat pasta with a side salad. And it was heavenly.

Then I ate strawberry ice cream.

Yeah, it was a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment