Monday, July 19, 2010

lonely bird

I'm all alone again. Yesterday I got up at 4 in the morning to drop people off at the airport and it took me all day to wake up properly. Please no one force early flights on any one you love, they wont like you. But for a going away dinner of sorts we went out on Saturday for sushi. You would not believe how much I looove sushi! When it's done right, I die over it. And I'm still happy about the rolls we got.

And the fact that we got this:


Sunday was my day of shuffling around between errands. Because it was just me, my food was not particularly exciting.

Microwave Campbell's chicken and noodle soup.


I was underwhelmed. In fact, I was displeased. But beggars can't be choosers, and it did fill me up.

I felt like it had been forever since I had a really good salad. So I made one for dinner.


It had romaine, pear, green apple, goat cheese, mandarin oranges, and Annie's lite raspberry vinaigrette. It was crunchy and sweet and wonderful.


And then I had the last (huge) slice of pumpkin bread. I'm so sad it's gone! I need to make more.

On top of that, I decided I needed strawberry ice cream. Yum!


I have a feeling I wont be eating quite as fancy now that I'm here by myself. But! Exciting, exciting! My sister is coming from Colorado to spend some time with me, then next week I'll be out with her (so we'll see how the eating goes). She's got a ton of food allergies, so I got her a surprise present:


I'm gonna make something from here for when she gets in. Right now she doesn't do any baking because she only recently found about her allergies, so I'm hoping that maybe she can get back into it. Fingers crossed and I'll let you know if the recipes are any good.

No comments:

Post a Comment