Wednesday, July 7, 2010

friends, chinese food, and happiness

Now that the holiday weekend is over, it's time for me to refocus on my "normal" food (and stop splurging!)

We had some company over last night and let me tell you, healthiness wasn't really the focus of the dinner. Some family and friends stopped by and we made yummy Chinese food! It was super delicious and a bit of an experiment because I've done two of the dishes before. Lucky for me, it came out great though despite my doubts.

The night's menu:



We grilled the Peking duck, which isn't really traditional, but it was excellent





The duck was relatively simple. I just seasoned it with some scallions, a little bit of sesame seed oil, and lots and lots of five spice powder.



So many mandarin pancakes... It took forever to roll all these out.



We made broccoli and oyster sause



Some spinach and shrimp thing that my dad threw together at the last minute.

And for dessert...



Grilled peaches topped with brown sugar and vanilla ice cream! It was soooooo good! I need to make these again. They were super easy and super yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment