Tuesday, July 13, 2010

back to normal... hopefully

I've been pretty busy these last few days and haven't really gotten a chance to post anything until now. Well if I'm going to be honest I partially didn't post on Sunday because a) I hadn't really eaten anything and b) the one thing I did eat was a sandwich from Smithfield's Chicken and Bar-B-Q which is God awful for you. What can I say, I kind of needed it after a day like that. But now I'm back and mostly healthy again.

I started getting my food back to it's lighter, happier self at Sunday dinner. I made a great warm pear salad that I got from a woman in my area who runs a cooking school.


Let me tell you, it is divine. Its got romaine, a handful of spinach, pears seared in walnut oil, candied pecans, and my very favorite goat cheese. The dressing was a mix of orange juice, walnut oil, raspberry vinegar, and a little bit of garlic. Sooooo good.

And I made some pumpkin bread!


I know it's a little off season, but I really, really love pumpkin bread. Unfortunately the dogs got into it yesterday and now I only have a few pieces left. Sniff.

Moving on.

Last night I made Greek food.


Yummy chicken...


And meatball kebabs.



Baked (not fried) falafel with cucumber yogurt.


And broccoli that I needed to use up before it went bad.

All in all a much better couple of days for me. And more good news: I got my motorcycle permit! I'm so excited! I'll be retaking the safety class soon and hopefully I wont hurt myself in the mean time.

I'm also going to start training for my first ever 5K. I know it doesn't sound like far, but hey, I've never been a runner. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment